Kits Art

Monday, September 8, 2014

Abstract blooms

When I had my first cataract removed in August I was not allowed to do any heavy lifting. gardening or bending down. I could paint but didn't see well enough to do detail.

At the same time several of my friends were getting ready for "Driven to Abstraction Show" at The Arts Project in London ON. I have tried abstraction and was never successful. I see to much realism in the abstract and try to make it into something.

While looking at silk painting, which I did years ago, it came to me to change the way I did it and paint on silk more loosely. Perfect eyesight would be unnecessary.

I orders 11 silk scarves from California and got out my acrylic ink. Here are the results.

I hung them on the line to dry.

Do you think they are abstract? I will wear one to the art show.
 
Here is one more. They are available in Portside Gallery, Port Stanley
 
If you go to the Driven to Abstraction show it is at
The Arts Project
203 Dundas Street, London, Ontario
Sept 9th to 20th
Reception is Thursday Sept 11th, 6 -11 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment